Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The End Is Near

Only a another week until the end of the semester.  There is light at the end of the tunnel!

This past couple weeks have been super hectic with projects and exams but I keep reminding myself that I leave for Beijing May 29th.  This week started with a head cold that made studying for my corporate finance exam more fun than one should be allowed to have in a given siting.  Note to self: Taking Nyquil and then attempting ECON homework leads to very creative and sometimes irrelevant answers.

Today we had a lunch meeting with various professors about MBA career tracks.  All of them did a great job, but I'm really excited to get started with Entrepreneurship & Innovation.  I'm mostly excited because I'll be able to apply my technical as well as business skill set.  It's been awhile since I've been around people that understand the meaning of life (for those of you who don't know, it's 42 - if you don't get it, google it).

The entrepreneurship program actually starts this summer with each student meeting and interviewing with teams/companies.  Unfortunately, since I'll be in China, I'll miss a lot of the early on part the entrepreneurship class this summer OR I'll have to get up in the middle of the night and jump on video conference calls.  I bet you're jealous.

This past week I got to spend some time working with companies that are applying for The Ark Challenge this summer through my GA.  There is some GREAT talent with some good ideas that I can't wait to see get developed.  For those of you who don't know what The Ark is, go here.

That's all for now.  More updates after finals.... if I survive!

Layla wants everyone to stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment