Friday, June 28, 2013

Back Home

Well I'm finally back home and although I was sad to leave all my friends and Beijing behind, I must say it feels great to be back in the states!

I'd like to thank all of the University of Arkansas Career Services team members that helped make this trip even possible!  Without them I would have never been able to put a trip like this together.  It was an incredible experience that I'll never forget!

The last week in Beijing was a blur of catching up on the last few things I'd missed as well as farewell dinners and goodbye's.  The day I was set to leave Beijing I had a few extra hours in the morning to check out the 798 Art Zone.  The art zone had all kinds of modern Chinese art that expressed a lot of the opinions and emotions of the younger Chinese population.  As you can see from the pictures below, there is definitely a difference in attitude toward government from the younger population compared to the older generations.  Surprise surprise.








After leaving Beijing and arriving in Seattle I discovered that I had a 10 hour layover until my next flight so after clearing customs and rechecking my bag I decided to head out and explore the city and have dinner with a relocated Fayetteville friend on the pier.  Eating my first meal back in the states on the pier at Ivar's seafood restaurant was a great ending to a great trip!




That's all now for now.  I'll keep posting more pictures in the future as I get everything together from the trip.  Time for some Chipotle and sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment